They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN! But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers Is I'm the only one.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Horrible Mom


Ok, I finally did it. I did something I swore I would never do. All moms do it once to atleast one of their children. But, I was going to be the exception. I dropped Colton. That's right, I'm an idiot. Here's how it happened:

I got Colton in his carseat, which was up on the couch, so I could go get Aaron from work. The phone rang. Something told me that I should just let the answering machine get it. Nope, didn't listen to that thought. The phone was upstairs, so I left Colton in the carseat, ontop of the couch, and not buckled in yet and ran upstairs to get the phone. When I answered the phone I heard a thump and instant crying. I said, "oh, my gosh," and Anne who was the one on the phone asked, "What, did he fall? I'll let you go." While this conversation was going on, I had run down stairs and saw Colton lying face down on the floor with the car seat on top of him.

I felt so horrible. I don't know how I could have let my little baby do that. I held him for a bit until he stopped crying. And of course, all was well. It probably scared him more than it hurt him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emmers said...

YAY! Welcome to mommyhood! Here is your giftbasket of stress tabs, caffinated beverages and bandaids. ;)

Hey at least Colton is as old as he is. Let's see..Dropped Gavin when he was a mere 2 months (rolled off the couch). I WAS EVEN IN THE ROOM!

Have yet to drop sophia..I feel the time is near.............

I'm sorry, I totally know the fear and pain when it happens and I'm sorry. At least they don't remember this age..that's what I tell myself whenever I do something bad LOL

4:35 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Tigger said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure every mommy thinks she's going to be the "perfect" mom and nothing is going to ever happen to her kids.

5:26 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home